Friday, December 14, 2007

I Called It

I called it on Haywood. See?
I'd say he gets a double-double easy.
His stat line from last night:

Minutes: 32
Rebounds: 10
Points: 12

What is there left to say about Stevenson? Except, that he is a (in a deep, booming voice) FLAMETHROWER!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH HA HA HA!!!! I Throw Flames Because I Am the FLAMETHROWER!!!!

(Ok, I'm done now)

I'll be honest, I couldn't watch the game last night. Let's just say a combination of traffic and burritos got in my way. I did get to watch the highlights of DeShawn on Sports Center. Speaking of which. I was thinking, is Sports Center kind of like those people that peak in high school? I feel like it used to be awesome and now it kind of sucks. Like, when they got started, they were cool, then, as they got older, they were simply the shit. You know, Kilbourne was cool and then Stu Scott and Dan Patrick and others brought it to another level. Now look at them. They never went to college, never figured how to keep it awesome and we are left with the SC RunDown and terrible catchphrases. The only thing left are the highlights and those somewhat hilarious Sports Center commercials. But I digress.

The Wizards beat the Heat. In Miami. They now sit at 12-10, 3.5 games out of 1st in the division. 5-1 in the last 6 games, the only loss to the Suns. Without Arenas. Who woulda thunk it? How awesome is that? Though I really wish I could watch a friggin game.

It wasn't the greatest performance, but it was enough this time. I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of that in this next stretch of games, all of which I really think we can win. Sacramento, Chicago and New Jersey are the biggest challenges coming up. If they could go 5-2 in the next 7 games, they would be in an excellent spot to start the new year.

Anyway, I got stuff to do. And I won't be able to watch the Kings game either. Crappy.

No comments: